DOMESTIC ALTAR, video art
The video work describes the intimate space of the altar, hidden from the eyes of the outside world. The characters jokingly offer to sacrifice themselves, talk about fear, which is not really there. And there is only infinite power and authority under the cover of submission.
Potted plants are weaned from the flesh of their native land, but they continue to spread networks of roots and fill centimeters of room space. The viewer becomes a visitor to a secluded garden, where each plant has its own character, and in the flower, literally - its own face.
Director POLINA BERESTOVAIA
DOP POLINA BERESTOVAIA, EGOR SEVASTIANOV
Sound design IVAN BARTUSENKO
Narrator ANASTASIA VEBER
FESTIVALS & EVENTS (SELECTED):
- «Pandemic: Aesthetics and Policies of infected bodies» | 4'33 International Festival and Laboratory of Video Art and Video Performance | Ecuador, Belgium | 19.12 - 20.12.2020
- Скрининг программа INFORMATION MACHINE | VIDEOFEST | Санкт-Петербург | 16.12.2020
- Mostra Strangloscope | Mostra Internacional de Áudio, Vídeo/Filme e Performance Experimental | Brazil | 19.03-27.03.2021
- «Non-syntax Experimental Image Festival» | Calm & Punk Gallery | Tokyo, Japan | 25.06 - 27.06.2021
- «Non-syntax Experimental Image Festival» | BnA Alter Museum | Kyoto, Japan | 28.08 - 03.10.2021
- «Non-syntax Experimental Image Festival» | W.S.U.G | Fukuoka, Japan | 05.11 - 07.11.2021
- «The Secret Garden» | Pepney Gallery | Cavan, Ireland | September 2021
- Athens Digital Arts Festival | Athens, Greece | 20.09.2021 - 17.10.2021